eBrevia (eBrevia.com) is a venture-backed company in New York City. Our natural language processing technology, developed in partnership with Columbia University, is used by law firms, audit and consulting companies, and corporations to automate the reading and summarization of legal documents. eBrevia’s products have a wide range of applications, including legal due diligence, document and knowledge management, and contract drafting.
We are designing the second wave of legal software—moving beyond simple databases that let the user organize information to artificially intelligent systems that actively assist the lawyer, using machine learning, natural language processing, and data miningto help them make sense of the reams of information, all within a slick, web-based UI running on a scalable cloud backend. We are curious, intelligent people and are looking for the same.
- Expected Start Date: Immediately
- Location: New York, NY
- Compensation: Competitive (with equity) based on experience
You will lead eBrevia’s initiatives to advance its core intelligent document analysis web application and push the frontier of NLP / machine learning capabilities on text datasets.
- Design experiments—and evaluate and implement models—to process legal language, including document classification, information extraction, resolving references, and anomaly detection.
- Translate successful experiments into production-quality code.
- Work independently to design and implement new NLP-based features. Consult with subject matter experts and understand how to apply NLP/ML techniques to solve their business problems.
- Design tools and processes to help support internal tasks, including training of our NLP system.
- Measure and evaluate accuracy, characterize and analyze errors, and design improvements to process, algorithms, or feature sets.
- Strong academic background, with masters or PhD in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, or related discipline. Publications in relevant journals would a strong plus (ACL, NIPS, ICML).
- Demonstrated coding expertise in any major language, plus experience working with version control tools. Experience building large scale data or text-processing pipelines beyond academic projects.
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas clearly to technical and non-technical audience.
- Additional mathematics/statistical background a plus.
- Ability to design new functionality or improve product with little guidance.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.